Machining of Aluminum:
SpecMaster, Inc. machines an extensive amount of aluminum alloys and we have been doing so for 50 years! With our years of experience and vast knowledge-base, we can manage your specific and unique aluminum applications.
Here at SpecMaster, we have a wealth of experience machining the most commonly used alloys into various components.
- 6061 – SpecMaster, Inc. maintains a large inventory of 6061 because it is one of the most common aluminum alloys for general-purpose use. 6061 aluminum is great for welding, as well as accepting applied coatings. This alloy is widely available, has relatively high strength, good machinability, and maintains a high resistance to corrosion.
- 6063 – With excellent thermal conductivity this alloy is commonly used for electronics and heat sinks and is corrosion resistant. This alloy has good formability and allows complex shapes to be machined with smooth surfaces.
- 7075 – Is a stronger aluminum alloy. This combined with the light-weight properties of aluminum make it a desired grade in many aerospace, aviation, and marine uses.
- 5052 – This alloy is generally used in sheet metal applications; however, its excellent corrosion resistance makes it highly sought after in marine structures.
- 2024 – Most commonly used in aircraft structures due to its high strength and fatigue resistance. This alloy excels in applications requiring high strength to weight ratio.
SpecMaster has experience machining various aluminum alloys not mentioned above. We offer a full range of 3 and 4 axis CNC machining on a multitude of alloys and tempers. Our comprehensive proficiency in machining complex 3D geometry and thin wall features allow us to achieve most specifications your project may require.
We utilize the latest CNC programming techniques to increase material removal rates. This allows us to increase part production and reduce run times, all while keeping quality our top priority.
Request a quote online or give us a call at (303) 227-3400 to discuss your aluminum project today!